Overhead Crane Training
Aims & Benefits
The aim of this course is to ensure that operators can safely and effectively use the equipment. Training will take place on your site.
In manufacturing industry overhead cranes play a vital role in moving heavy items around the production facilities. The CRS Training course will ensure that such activity is carried out safely.
- Operating the crane safely and in accordance with the manufacturers handbook.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the concepts set out in the Approved Codes of Practice for the equipment
- Show a competent understanding of the cranes controls.
- Demonstrate a competent understanding & proper use of the hoist.
- Estimate / the weight of loads / centre of gravity.
- Use appropriate crane signals and communications.
- Types of lifting equipment and their applications.
- Methods of slinging and lifting and show an appreciation for the angles of a lift.
- Isolating faulty equipment / and procedures for fault reporting.
- Methods to protect loads in transit from damage.
- Attaching lifting equipment to slings.
- Show how to plan a lift.
- Practical ability & skills.
- Methods of Assessment.
- Practical Test.
- Written Test.
Certification upon successful completion of course.
ITSSAR training standards.