Fire Warden AKA Fire Marshal
The role of a Fire Warden is to make sure that the building is cleared and there is no-one left inside. The Fire Warden’s job is to execute a quick check of the building and then by carrying out a role call at the fire assembly location.
Once the role call is completed that no-one enters the building until the incident is declared safe.
Fire wardens duties include: –
- Help improve and implement effective emergency procedures in buildings
- Monitor the adequacy of fire risk control
- Raise awareness amongst colleagues
- To instruct colleagues on how to respond
- Lead fire drills and evacuation procedures
- Ensure everyone is accounted for
- Assist all people in an emergency