Forklift Direct Entry
Who Should Attend This Course:
Existing registered instructors with another accrediting body such as RTITB, NPORS or AITT who wish to qualify as an ITSSAR registered instructor.
The Course Aim:
To teach existing registered instructors in the methods and techniques recognised by ITSSAR required to teach and test operators both theoretically and practically on industrial lift trucks to the required standard outline within the Health & Safety Commission (HSC) Approved Code of Practice and Supplementary Guidance “Rider Operated Lift Trucks – Operator Training” L117.
By the end of the course successful delegates will be able to:-
- Outline Health & Safety at Work in relation to lift trucks
- Outline Recommendations of Training
- Outline Instructional Techniques
- Demonstrate appropriate standards of operating ability
- Deliver a structured classroom Lesson
- Deliver a practical demonstration
- Deliver a structured practical session
- Apply Basic Skills Test principles
- Demonstrate ability to compile an accurate, brief and clear report
5 days (dependent upon numbers on course and training experience.
Course Entry Requirements:
Delegates must be currently registered as an instructor with either RTITB, NPORS or AITT.
ITSSAR (externally monitored).
Delegates will be continuously assessed throughout the duration of the course.
Delegates will receive the latest ITSSAR compendium that outlines the information delivered on the course along with other useful training aids.
This course can be delivered in our training centre in Lydney or onsite at your premises (subject to facilities). Successful delegates will be re-entered onto the ITSSAR register of instructor/examiners and will then receive appropriate certification and an updated identification card outlining their qualification.