Novice Reach Operator Training
Forklift truck Basic Novice Operator Course.
To teach the basic skill requirements and associated job safety knowledge to operators of industrial Forklift trucks.
Who should attend this course:
Delegates with no previous or limited experience on the machine type in question.
This course is typically between 3 and 5 days dependent on the number of trainees attending the course. ITSSAR accredited courses for lift trucks are strictly a maximum of 3 delegates to one instructor on one machine to ensure the training meets the Approved Code of Practice L117.
Machine types experienced training is delivered on include:
Counter balance, reach, side loaders, multi directional (e.g. combi lifts), telescopic handlers, narrow aisle, articulated pivot steer (e.g. bendi), rough terrain, transportable (e.g. moffet mounty).
Novice operator courses are also available on pedestrian operated lift trucks that have shorter durations and we will be only too pleased to help with course timings on these types of machines.
Successful delegates will receive a novice operator certificate of basic skill and ability endorsed by ITSSAR with their registration number to the Trained Operator Passport Scheme (TOPS)
Delegates will receive relevant course handouts to support theoretical knowledge gained
At customers premises or at our centre (reach and counterbalance only in centre)
- The need to train & statutory requirements
- Counterbalance Principles
- Rated Capacities
- Stability and instability
- Operator Safety Code
- Suitable safety films
- Multi choice theory test
Practical Skill Instruction
- Introduction to the machine
- Control familiarisation
- Daily checks / refuelling procedures
- Battery charging & simple battery maintenance or refueling procedures
- Basic driving and steering procedures
- Advanced driving and steering procedures
- Load handling/weight assessment
- Stacking / de-stacking procedures
- Bulk stacking / de-stacking exercises
- Stacking / de-stacking corner locating loads*
- Handling awkward loads
- Vehicle loading / unloading*
- Pre-use check test
- Practical skills test
* Where applicable to company operations