Abrasive Wheel Safety Training
Accidents involving abrasive wheels are more common and painful than many people realise and nearly half of them are the result of operator error or unsafe systems of work. Learn how to avoid such accidents.
Our course includes:
- Health & Safety Laws and Regulations – understanding your legal duty – PUWER 1998 and Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Responsibilities of employer and employee
- Hazards & Risks involved – precautions to observe including Hand Arm Vibration
- Wheel markings – what they mean and what you need to know
- How to assemble wheels correctly to ensure they are properly balanced and fit to use
- Step by step guide – how to inspect and test abrasive wheels, who is responsible for this and how often it must be done
- Safe operation, maintenance and storage tips
- Importance of issuing and using correct PPE and step by step guide of how to inspect it
- How to conduct a risk assessment and advice on how to collate method statements that operatives can easily understand and follow
- Test paper/ questions/ handouts and review
Who Needs Abrasive Wheels Training
This course is for all operators who work with all types of abrasive wheels, as well as their employers. Please telephone 01594 563 820 for further details and to book on the next course.